This position reports to the Executive Director and shall lead the KENET team providing technical and business advisory services to the KENET community in ERP requirements analysis and solutions design, ERP selection and procurement, and deployment of appropriate ERPs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide leadership in identifying the information needs of key stakeholders in the KENET community
- Provide leadership in assessing and selecting Higher Education ERP solutions that meet the information needs of Member Institutional
- Assessing the design, tools, databases and operating system used in proposed ERPs
- Assessing whether the workflows in the proposed ERPs optimizes the work of the stakeholders and providing leadership in re-engineering them
- Assessing the adequacy of the ERP Business Intelligence Reports in meeting the needs of the stakeholders
- Assisting Member Institutions to select ERPs suitable for their current, short and long-term needs.
- Assisting Member Institutions put together implementation plans
- Assisting Member Institutions put together implementation committees
- Advising the Member Institutions during the implementation of selected ERPs
- Assisting Member Institutions put together Data Take-on plans and implement them
- Effectively working with the ERP teams in Member Institutions
Other Requirements for the Job
(a) Level of Education/Academic Qualification
The ideal candidate shall have a degree in computer science, Information systems, engineering or accounting information systems and be qualified as a professional accountant (CPA or ACCA) and or CISA certification.The candidate must have experience in implementing ERPs and project management of large ERP projects, preferably in higher education institutions. A Master’s Degree in Information Systems or in Business or other relevant general management qualifications shall be an added advantage
(b) Other Competencies or Skills Required
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate information needs
- Ability to evaluate different ERPs in the market and match them with the University needs
- Conceptual thinking skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent people management and team skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
(c) Relevant Job Experience
- Diverse experience in implementing new systems and managing migrations.
- Proficiency in managing large software projects implementations
- Proficiency in managing diverse teams on projects implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage different stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly across the organization and at Board level.
All candidates must have demonstrated good or excellent oral and written communication skills, high ethical and moral standards and capable of working in teams with limited supervision.
Interested and qualiﬁed persons should visit the KENET recruitment portal at https://recruitment.kenet.or.ke/?q=2019_job_application for submission of their application.
Applications should be submitted not later than February 22, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted to attend interviews at KENET within two weeks from the date of the deadline for submission of applications.
KENET is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity. Female candidates as well as candidates from marginalized or semi-arid areas are encouraged to apply.
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with the position shall be offered to the successful candidates
NOTE: Applications submitted in hard copy format will not be considered.